LAUREUS SPORT FOR GOOD: Excite Champion
Our vision is: “using the power of sport to end violence, discrimination and disadvantage. Proving that sport can change the world”.
We Support more than 100 sports-based community programmes in 35 countries to combat social challenges facing children and young people, such as violence and crime, discrimination, lack of education, unemployment and preventable diseases.
Every programme which we support is addressing at least one of the following six social issues, which are aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals:
* Health: Enhancing mental wellbeing and encouraging healthy behaviour change
* Education: Increased access to and completion of education
* Women and Girls: Promoting equality, empowerment and safety
* Employability: Developing skills and creating pathways to employment
* Inclusive Society: Creating communities which embrace ethnic, cultural and physical differences
• Peaceful Society: Resolving conflict, promoting community peace-building and creating safe spaces